Yanuca Island, Cuvu, Fiji, 2019, before presenting “Towards understanding classification and identification” at the 16th Pacific Rim International Conference on Artificial Intelligence.
I am currently Postdoctoral Research Fellow, member of the CORE: Conceptual and Cognitive Modelling Research Group, at the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, and I am collaborating with the Knowdive Group at the Department of Information Engineering and Computer Science of the University of Trento, where I was (from 2015 to 2019) also teaching assistant for the Mathematical Logics and Knowledge-Data Integration courses.
I have a Master’s Degree in Philosophy and a Ph.D. in Computer Science. My research concerns primarily Artificial Intelligence, with a particular focus on the combinations between Knowledge Representation and Machine Learning techniques, Computational Semantics, and Data Analytics. Other research interests include Philosophy of Mind, Philosophy of Logic, and Philosophy of Information.
- Fumagalli, Mattia; Shi, Daqian; Giunchiglia, Fausto; Ranking Schemas by Focus: A Cognitively-Inspired Approach, 26th International Conference on Conceptual Structures, ICCS 2021
- Oliveira, Italo; Fumagalli, Mattia; Prince Sales, Tiago; Guizzardi, Giancarlo; How FAIR are Security Core Ontologies? A Systematic Mapping Study, The Fifteenth International Conference on Research Challenges in Information Science, RCIS 2021
- Fumagalli, Mattia; Bella, Gabor; Samuele Conti; Giunchiglia, Fausto; Ontology-Driven Cross-Domain Transfer Learning, 11th International Conference on Formal Ontology in Information Systems, FOIS 2020
- Fumagalli, Mattia; Sales, Tiago Princes; Guizzardi, Giancarlo; Towards Automated Support for Conceptual Model Diagnosis and Repair, 1st Workshop on Conceptual Modeling Meets Artificial Intelligence and Data-Driven Decision Making, CMAI2020
- Fumagalli, Mattia; Bailoni, Tania, Giunchiglia, Fausto; Assessing Ontologies Usage Likelihood via Search Trends, Proceedings of the 2020 Joint Ontology Workshops, SKALE
- Giunchiglia, Fausto; Fumagalli, Mattia; Entity Type Recognition – dealing with the Diversity of Knowledge, Principles of Knowledge Representation and Reasoning: Proceedings of the Seventeenth International Conference, KR 2020
- Fumagalli, Mattia; Bella, Gabor; Giunchiglia, Fausto; Towards Understanding Classification and Identification, PRICAI 2019: Pacific Rim International Conference on Artificial Intelligence, 2019
- Giunchiglia, Fausto; Fumagalli, Mattia; On Knowledge Diversity, Proceedings of the 2019 Joint Ontology Workshops, WOMoCoE, 2019, CEUR
- Fumagalli, Mattia; Ferrario, Roberta; Representation of Concepts in AI: Towards a Teleological Explanation, Proceedings of the 2019 Joint Ontology Workshops, CAOS, 2019, CEUR
- Giunchiglia, Fausto; Fumagalli, Mattia; Teleologies: Objects, actions and functions, International conference on conceptual modeling, 520-534, 2017, “Springer, Cham”
- Giunchiglia, Fausto; Fumagalli, Mattia; Concepts as (Recognition) Abilities, FOIS, 153-166, 2016
- Giunchiglia, Fausto; Fumagalli, Mattia; From ER models to the entity model, International Conference on Knowledge Engineering and Knowledge Management, 116-119, 2014, “Springer, Cham”
- Fumagalli, Mattia; An Ontological Foundation for ER Models, 3rd International ESSENCE Workshop, 2015
- Computational Logic (CL): http://knowdive.disi.unitn.it/logic/
- Knowledge and Data Integration (KDI): http://knowdive.disi.unitn.it/kdi/
- Liveschema.org catalog: liveschema.eu
- “Mind the Gap!”: OntoUML/Mind-the-Gap-CAiSE2021
- Constraint Learning: OntoUML/ConstraintLearning-SoSyM2021
- Entity Type Recognition – dealing with the Diversity of Knowledge — Data and Resources: knowdive/ETR
- Ontology-Driven Cross-Domain Transfer Learning — Data and Resources: Matt-81/ontology-driven-TL
- Ontology Assessment by Trend — Data and Resources: Matt-81/ontologies-by-trends